Position : Database Engineer
Experience : 3 to 5 years
Reporting Manager : Director- Software Development, R&D
Job Description :
- Strong experience in SQL server 2005/2008/ 2012
- Should have ability to write and troubleshoot T-SQL Code and design (stored procedures, functions, tables, views, triggers, indexes, constraints etc.).
- Capable to analyze the Table relationships and ability to suggest Table restructure depending on the business enhancement requirements.
- Should have strong knowledge on Database design and use of any one ER Diagram tool
- Design database objects and structures for data storage, retrieval and reporting according to project specifications.
- Monitor, troubleshoot and tune databases for performance.
- Develop database logic in the form of procedures, functions and triggers to manage data.
- Ability to optimize SQL Server stored procedures / triggers.
- Adherence to Database Security
- Experience with SQL Server replication services
- Strong knowledge of Relational database modeling, especially Entity Relationship Diagramming and Normalization, and Data Flow Diagrams
- Strong Process adherence, participation in process improvements and knowledge management, Oversee backup, monitoring, replication and failover
- Demonstrated experience in tuning database and its objects, query optimization, SQL Performance tuning, and scalability techniques, understanding of databases indexes.
- Troubleshooting and resolving database integrity issues, performance issues, blocking and deadlocking issues, replication issues, connectivity issues, security issues etc.
- Demonstrated experience in day to day Production support routines like Maintain DBA housekeeping jobs and scripts, monitor error / alert logs, Database capacity utilization monitoring, run database growth monitoring scripts, maintain support documentation
- Ability to create data extract and translation processes to facilitate application migrations and consolidations.
- Ability to adapt quickly to an existing, complex environment.
- Ability to quickly learn new concepts and software is necessary.
- Candidate should be a self-motivated, independent, detail oriented, responsible team-player and exhibit exceptional relationship management skills.
- Passionate about building high-quality systems with software implementation best practices
- Knowledge of scripting language such as Shell scripting, Perl, etc.
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Very good communication skills