What are the ST91 Guidelines for Endoscope and How Mobile Aspects Company is helping Academic Healthcare Systems to comply with the Guidelines with their Cutting-Edge Endoscope Reprocessing products
Flexible and semi-rigid endoscopes are complex and sophisticated medical devices that are used to perform various diagnostic and therapeutic procedures in health care facilities. However, these devices also pose a significant risk of transmitting infections if they are not properly reprocessed between patient uses. Therefore, it is essential to follow the best practices and standards for endoscope processing to ensure patient safety and quality of care.
One of the most comprehensive and authoritative standards for endoscope processing is ANSI/AAMI ST91:2021 Flexible and semi-rigid endoscope processing in health care facilities. This standard provides detailed guidance for each stage of the processing of flexible endoscopes, from point of use treatment to storage, as well as for staff education, facility design, equipment selection, and quality control procedures . The objective of ST91 is to provide better understanding and guidance for cleaning and disinfecting/sterilizing flexible endoscopes.
The ST91 guidelines are based on current research and advancements in flexible endoscope processing and reflect the recommendations of experts from various disciplines and organizations involved in endoscope reprocessing. The standard covers different types of flexible endoscopes, such as gastrointestinal (GI) endoscopes, bronchoscopes, ear, nose, and throat (ENT) endoscopes, urology endoscopes, surgical flexible endoscopes, and semi-rigid operative endoscopes.
The ST91 guidelines are not only important for ensuring patient safety and infection prevention, but also for complying with regulatory requirements and accreditation standards. Health care facilities that process flexible endoscopes are expected to follow the ST91 guidelines or equivalent standards as part of their quality improvement and risk management programs. Failure to comply with the ST91 guidelines could result in adverse outcomes for patients, staff, and the facility, such as infections, lawsuits, fines, citations, or loss of accreditation.
However, complying with the ST91 guidelines can be challenging for many health care facilities, especially academic medical centers that have high volumes and varieties of flexible endoscopes. These facilities may face difficulties in implementing and maintaining the ST91 guidelines due to factors such as lack of staff training and certification, inadequate facility design and equipment, insufficient documentation and tracking systems, and limited resources and budget.
This is where Mobile Aspects comes in. Mobile Aspects is a leading provider of cutting-edge endoscope reprocessing products that help academic health care systems comply with the ST91 guidelines and improve their endoscope reprocessing performance. Mobile Aspects offers a range of innovative solutions that address the key challenges and gaps in endoscope reprocessing, such as:
– iRIScope: A smart cabinet system that automates the documentation and tracking of endoscope reprocessing cycles, from point of use to storage. iRIScope uses radio-frequency identification (RFID) technology to identify each endoscope by serial number and capture its reprocessing history.
iRIScope also monitors the storage conditions and expiration dates of endoscopes, and alerts staff when an endoscope needs to be reprocessed or replaced. iRIScope helps health care facilities comply with the ST91 guidelines for documentation, traceability, storage, and quality control of endoscope reprocessing.
By using Mobile Aspects’ products, academic health care systems can achieve several benefits, such as:
– Improved patient safety and infection prevention by ensuring that endoscopes are properly reprocessed and stored according to the ST91 guidelines.
– Enhanced staff efficiency and productivity by reducing the manual tasks and errors involved in endoscope reprocessing and documentation.
– Increased regulatory compliance and accreditation readiness by providing accurate and reliable data and reports on endoscope reprocessing performance and quality.
– Reduced costs and waste by optimizing the utilization and inventory of endoscopes and reprocessing supplies.
Mobile Aspects is committed to helping academic healthcare systems comply with the ST91 guidelines and improve their endoscope reprocessing performance with their cutting-edge endoscope reprocessing products. Mobile Aspects has a proven track record of delivering successful outcomes for their customers, such as:
– Reducing endoscope-related infections by 80% at a large academic medical center.
– Saving $1.2 million annually in endoscope reprocessing costs at a leading academic health system.
– Increasing endoscope utilization by 33% at a major academic medical center.
Mobile Aspects is the trusted partner for academic healthcare systems that want to comply with the ST91 guidelines and improve their endoscope reprocessing performance with their cutting-edge endoscope reprocessing products. To learn more about Mobile Aspects and their products, contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org.